• An extensive system of waterways that links all the lakes and historical locations.
• Four sailing and fishing areas: inland waterways, the IJsselmeer, the Wadden Sea and the North Sea.
• The largest fleet in Europe: traditional sailing ships, (motor) yachts, open motorboats, open sailing boats, fishing boats and ships designed for cruises and sea fishing.
• Separate roads and paths for cyclists and motorised traffic.
• Perfect signposting.
• Islands in the North Sea with huge beaches.
• All manner of active and passive leisure activities on land and water, even during the winter!
• Exceptional indoor attractions throughout the entire region.
• Not only water but a great deal of green spaces such as pastures, forests (in the south) and nature reserves.
• Clean air brought in from the sea.
• Environmentally-friendly business, intensive care for the environment.
• A great deal of respect for the region’s own language, culture and history, as well as for those of foreigners.
• Friendly inhabitants (2015: 646.257).
Packages and voyages
Friesland Holland offers unique holiday packages lasting several days, plus trips organised by a number of Friesland Holland partners together. The focus in the case of these all-inclusive full-service holidays is on offering a very wide range of services such as a breakdown assistance and luggage forwarding in the case of the Elfstedentochten (11 city cycling tours).